OOh 'ello!



One of the most joyful things in life is doing something you love, for no reason other than it's fun! 

I haven't written anything on this blog for three years (gulp!) but I finally have some time on my hands so why not fill it with fun stuff I like doing. I'm a writer professionally, but I remember how writing my own blog always felt like the ultimate freedom (I can use brackets and even bloody swear!). So I'm gonna see what happens, and try and write about things that hark back to why I started this blog in the first place...


"Mudlarks hunt for treasure in shallow waters, while magpies are inquisitive birds attracted to shiny objects. This blog is about finding hidden talents, searching for shiny new things and discovering the joys of life."

It's all about the simple things in life that bring joy.

During lock-down, like you I'm sure, I have discovered quite a few new things which I love. Yes, drinking vodka cocktails in the afternoon has been a constant joy, finding the most comfortable PJs has been an unappreciated art form, watching crime on Netflix an eye opener, listening to podcasts till I fall asleep in the garden (in full sun) an amusing hobby... but so has home schooling and discovering the pure joy and beauty of maths (yes, maths can you believe it! Flipping numbers and shizzle!!), and waking up slowly and having breakfast in bed every morning, while reading through twitter and watching the birds in the garden (I love waking up now because the actually getting up bit isn't important - a lazy lumpkin's dream!). 


There's been some weird things that have happened too: like when I spent half an hour talking to a famous American comedian on Instagram, our addiction as a family to POV Go-Pro downhill mountain biking videos on YouTube, and my new hobby of getting lost on walks and loving it.

So I'm going to try and wade through the good, the weird and the ridiculous to write blog posts each week on things I've discovered, and I'll be doing my roundup of the week on Fridays (it's called Sunday Sevens but I'll post of Friday. Yes I've forgotten how to amend this blog. No you shut up!) 

This blog hasn't got an actual grown-up purpose. It's something I remember loving to do, that somehow I forgot to do, that now I want to do. 

Expect to read about how a vivid imagination can make any situation freaky, the strange and wonderful things I found while spring cleaning the house, why crime podcasts are healthy and what not to do in the woods. It might be fun! Come and see, and please join in!


Now go watch mountain biking videos and let me know what you think.
Pop back here soon though!! XXXXXX

Comments

  1. Lovely to see you back! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling! It's very lovely writing on here again!!! XXXXXX

      Delete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments…

Popular Posts