A crystal grid mandala for Jen



It's been a long time since I last wrote a post, so forgive me if I sound weird (I'm in my PJs, having just eaten chocolate buttons for breakfast – it's Sunday, I'm allowed to act like a 13 year old!).

Anyway, I thought I'd share the crystal grid Mandala I made recently, for my crystal-crazy friend Jen who sits next to me at work. She wanted a crystal grid to put her crystals on, and so she asked me to make her one. I hadn't really appreciated the joy of drawing mandalas before. If you've never tried to do one, give it a go. They are so easy to do, and you can get quite creative and have a relaxing time. You just need a compass, a set square and a protractor, to get the angles sorted out, and away you go.

Here's the sketch I made...



So all you have to do is... recreate the design onto a cheap chopping board (I bought this one from the Range for about £3.50), and burn the design in...





Plan the colours you want to use...



Get nervous about the colours you've chosen and over think it to the point of insanity...



Paint it anyway, using a bit of bravado and gold paint...



And voila! You've made your friend very happy!



It's very easy, and a nice little project if you're trying not to eat chocolate buttons.
Thanks for visiting! XXXX

Comments

Popular Posts