This week's Sunday Seven's

July 27, 2020

This week I've caught trees snogging, seen pandas in the garden, been bossed around by a mint mogul, listened to ants swearing, taken an exam, tamed nature and laughed a lot. Here's a round-up of my week. 


So to kick off the week, while on my walk, I caught two trees snogging. I don't think they heard me, so didn't have time to pretend they don't snog (who they trying to kid?). I took a picture and felt like I was intruding. Look at the snog on this...


There's some chores that make you feel like you're adulting isn't there? Looking at bills, cleaning the softener tray on the washing machine (urgh), pointing at people who haven't got masks on (that should be on CVs)... and gardening. I always think "look at me bloody taming nature" and do a smug smile. 

I thought I'd spend an hour weeding and sowing grass seed, but as with all gardening it took all flipping day! It took all day because stupidly I got the Kacher out and cleaned the decking. What a fricking mess, I was covered in dirt splatters! 

The actual proper gardening was relaxing work though (I love pulling weeds, digging and having dirty fingernails), and I managed to disrupt a massive ants' nest, which was fun to watch. They all looked so angry, tutting at me and shaking their tiny fists, and the language was appalling. 

It started raining and I'd forgotten how wonderful it is to garden in the rain (ahh, the smell). I ended up with a perm afterwards but a neat garden, clean decking and a better lawn - so smug innit!


Weeding the garden resulted in a mini-meltdown by Girlie, as I had trimmed down two mint plants (when I say trimmed, I mean decimated, murdered, mauled). She reckons she's a mint farmer, and I've learnt not to question her. So we both went to the garden centre and bought six different mint plants in pots. She's a mint farmer and will, apparently, be building a mint empire and take her business plans to the Dragon's Den. I just nod and wonder if we'll still be allowed to live in the house, or will she put us in the shed when she's a mint mogul.


That decking doesn't look clean in the picture, but it was still wet. Stop looking, just believe me!

Girlie found a bird's egg on the lawn, intact and beautiful. So that's now in cotton wool, in a box, under a lamp, in our house (oi vey). There's nothing happening with it, no hatching; it probably dropped 15 foot FFS. The mint mogul wants it left alone to hatch and we're not allowed to touch it! I just keep nodding. 


I found a panda in PJs roaming around the garden, trying to get into the paddling pool. Don't believe reports that they only live in zoos, they are wild in Kent! These panda's like nothing better than breaking into houses, playing Zelda, eating Kinder chocolate and bossing adults around. Watch out for them, don't question them or tell them it's bedtime!


I spent a lot of time outdoors this week in my new 'office' space. You see, look, you can tell the decking is cleaner!


I've been hyper active getting up-to-date with all things work related, and learning fascinating new stuff. There's so many great resources out there on t'interweb. It's been fun, even though I had to take an exam for an online course I did. I haven't taken an exam since I was 22! I also went to a live talk on Google Hangouts, which was funny because it took ages for me to decide what to wear! I'm such an idiot. 

I've also been looking for jobs, and getting excited imagining where I'll be and what I'll be doing. 


And that's my week, but I'll just show you a sketch Mr V did of me and him, which he's turning into an animation. 


Thanks for reading. Tell me about your week, and if you've seen any pandas in your garden or snogging trees XXX

Comments

Popular Posts