This week's Sunday Sevens

July 11-17, 2020


This week has been busy and involved accidentally going to the pub, retro lollies, an invite to a hip new club, a stiff neck cured by ginger biscuits, hypnotism and lots and lots of writing. 

We got an invite to an exclusive hip new club (I know, right!!). As you can see from the picture below, the flyer that came through the door is amazingly bright and banging man! It must be at a new underground venue called Garden Waste (such an unusual name) and it looks like we're the sort of clientele they are looking for - cool, sexy, middle-agers who can dance until 10.30 at night (yeah, that late man, YOLO).


Putting how hip and cool we are aside, I got hypnotised this week without my consent, and while on a walk. Thankfully I didn't end up naked thinking I was the Prime Minister, I just lost a bit of time staring slack-jawed at a field. The farmers were bailing up the hay and it was a joy to watch. I'd just seen a tiny badger walk slowly across my path and snuffle through the hedgerow, so I thought I was in Wind in the Willows Land, and as happy as Kim Kardashian's Spanx! 


One of the joys of this week was opening the freezer and finding Mr V had bought retro ice lollies! I have been averaging four lollies a day, but now that's increased to six! There's nothing nicer than retro sweets and this small discovery has brought a lot of joy. 


I caught a picture of God shouting, see below. 
She shouted "Put down the lollies and do something worthwhile with your life, FMS (for my sake, not FGS)". I said "Alright, say it, don't spray it". And that told her. 


I went for a social distancing walk with two friends, and we accidentally went to the pub. We got drunk, stayed too long, and it got dark so the walk back through the country lanes was quite funny. My phone died, so Mr V was wondering where we were, to which he got this photo as a way of reassuring him. 
Please ignore my yukky lycra shorts!


This week I woke up unable to move my neck from writing too much. An ergonomically sound work position is essential people! Do not sit hunched over your laptop cross-legged in the armchair. After a lot of laughing at my expense, Mr V and Girlie made ginger biscuits and I think this has cured me. They are Pacman biscuits by the way, and fricking delicious. 


The upside of not being able to move is, however, that I've got six new blog posts published on my blog and a few in the bag for next week. It's been so much fun writing what I want to write, and I've had the most encouraging and gorgeous messages from so many people. I'm so grateful for the support and love. I did have a happy cry yesterday, thank you so so very much! I really appreciate it. 


Let me know how your week was and if you'll be going to Garden Waste this year!

Comments

Popular Posts