Christmas in Spring!



Yes, I know. This is weird. I've given my head a wobble, but Christmas has unexpectedly reared its sparkly-neon head resulting in a Joyeux Noel burnt box!



I'm trying to build a collection of burnt boxes, so that's why I needed a Christmas one. Problem is, I'm planning on making two more Christmas themed boxes, so watch out!

This box is remake of a larger box I made in 2011 for my mum. It was one of the first burnt boxes I ever made and I still think it's one of the best. It was massive and took me a week to do, because I decorated every bit of it. I did try and steal it back recently, but I didn't get away with it! I think my continuous pilfering of her things has made her hyper alert whenever I visit! I distract her with Girlie's cuteness and then casually ask if she really needs this or that. Usually she says 'yes I do thanks' but sometimes I get lucky. At other times she gives me too much stuff. Like glass coffee jars! I've got about ten now! Apparently, they're good for storing pasta and stuff!! Anyway, I didn't manage to pilfer this box, so I wanted to make a new smaller version. I chose this size box as it's the perfect Christmas present box, especially if you're giving clothing wrapped in tissue paper.


It took a while to sketch, and even longer to burn, and then I started painting it, which took ages! Of course, it's got a lot of gold paint on it, which you can't see in the photos.






I think it has the spirit of the original version, but it's just not the same. Anyway, it still has a French poodle sauntering across it. Hope you like it, and it's not too much of a bright, spangly intruder party-crashing Spring!








Thanks for reading and Happy Christmas for 2016! XXX

Comments

Popular Posts