Embroidered (and painted) lady

I had a whiff of inspiration that I could paint onto fabric with acrylic paint, and then embroider over the top to create a really colourful effect. This resulted in my embroidered and painted lady. 
By painting the dress with splurges of colour, it almost looked finished before I'd even got a needle near it. Once I started embroidering, the paint just gave it an extra layer of detail. I love a project where I can embroider free-style and this was perfect for that. I couldn't really go wrong with this one. Once I 'd finished the lady, I thought she needed a sense of humour, and that's where the mice in trousers came in. Don't ask me to explain, I have no idea why there are mice all over her trying to scare her with fake spiders. That questions will be answered, hopefully, by my daughter as this will be one of the pages in my embroidered book project. Now I just have to think of more things to embroider, that's the hard bit. If you have any ideas, please let me know.






Comments

Popular Posts